Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jorgensen enters China Open badminton final with luck

SHANGHAI, China, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) -- Denmark's world No. 16 Jan Jorgensen disappointed Chinese spectators to edge out fourth seeded Chen Jin of China 11-21, 21-18, 22-20, securing the chance to the final at the China Open badminton here on Saturday.

Chen's injury became the decisive element in today's match.

Chen started the match with a perfect form, establishing an early lead to win the first set 21-11.

Jorgensen, who defeated world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia in the first round, managed to recover in the second set, while Chen delivered a stable performance to get a 16-12 lead. However, Jorgensen began to catch up afterwards, leveling the score 17-17 and won the second set 21-18.

In the third set, Chen led by 16-12 again, and was leveled again. Chen suffered from injury when the score got to 16-15. Though Chen strived to knock down two powerful attacks, he could not even jump up after that. Jorgensen took the chance to seal the victory 22-20, entering China Open badminton final.

Jorgensen admitted that he had some luck to win the match.

"It was tough to play before he got the injury. In the beginning I was struggling a little bit, and he was able to play long rallies," Said Jorgensen after the match.

"He was playing very confident at the first set, but he got injury and I was trying to play longer rallies, and it worked out."

"Tomorrow, probably Lin Dan, the best badminton player ever. I am just proud to be in the final. I've never played Lin Dan before. I will do everything I can and it will be amazing."

Chen spared no effort to battle against his injury, but he failed at last.

"I didn't grab the chance in the second set, and then I was troubled by the injury. I don't want to say too much of my injury, losing is losing. I tried my best. That's the most important point."

Jorgensen will probably meet China's world No.2 Lin Dan in the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment